Snow crab legs baked in a boozy bath of butter, tons of fresh garlic, seasonings and lemon paired with juicy sweet bites of fresh corn. Ughhhh, so good!
- 2 pounds snow crab legs (or about 6 clusters)
- 8 ounces good-quality salted butter (or 2 sticks)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15–18 cloves garlic, finely chopped (about a half cup)
- 1 tablespoon1 fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 heaping teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked and chopped into 2-inch chunks
- 8 ounces beer (I used Budweiser)
- 6 lemon wedges
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- More fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Add the butter, olive oil, garlic, fresh parsley, Old Bay, granulated garlic, granulated onion, dried parsley, dried dill, and crushed red pepper flakes to a large skillet or braising dish over medium heat. As the butter melts, stir everything around. Give it a taste, and add sea salt and black pepper as needed. Cook for about 2 minutes, then reduce the heat to low.
- Add the crab legs, one cluster at a time, and with a large spoon baste the crabs with the butter mixture thoroughly. Get every nook and cranny. Continue until all of the crabs are in the pan. Nestle the chunks of corn in, and baste those with the butter mixture too. You may have to tilt the pan towards you to make this easier.
- Pour in the beer, and bring the heat back up to medium. Once the beer starts to simmer just slightly, nestle in the lemon wedges. Cover the pan with a domed lid or use heavy-duty foil.
- Place the dish in the oven on the middle rack for 30-35 minutes.
- When they’re ready, finish with another hit of fresh parsley and serve. Be sure to squeeze the cooked down lemons over the actual crab meat as you eat!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Seafood
- Method: Oven-baked
Keywords: oven baked crab legs, garlic butter crab legs, garlic butter snow crab legs, crab legs