- 1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1 10oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 16 oz. can of artichoke hearts (use the brined version), drained and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 to 3 tbsp Sriracha or other hot sauce (very spicy! if you like less heat, use just 1 tbsp)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup monterey-jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup whole milk mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350, and lightly spray your baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Thaw and squeeze the water out of the spinach either by hand or with a cheesecloth or paper towel. You just want to remove as much water as possible to avoid a watery dip. You don’t have to squeeze the water out of the artichokes like you would the spinach, just let them drain for a few minutes on their own in a colander, then give the artichokes a quick rough chop. However, if your artichokes are very watery, give them a light press to help remove most of the water so that you don’t have a watery dip, or use paper towels to absorb any excess liquid. I cut the very ends of each artichoke heart off, but you don’t have to.
- Mix all ingredients together until well combined. TASTE IT! Make sure it’s seasoned to your liking before you bake it. Transfer mixture to your baking dish and bake on the middle rack of your oven until it’s hot and bubbly, about 25 to 45 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese on top then bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until cheese is hot and bubbly and lightly golden brown. *Alternately, you could turn on your broiler and melt that cheese that way, just don’t put the dish directly under the broiler or you risk burning the cheese too quickly. Keep it on the middle rack and broil until cheese is bubbly and lightly golden brown.
- Serve immediately with garlic toast, tortilla chips, veggies, or whatever you desire. Enjoy!
To make the garlic toast (just in case you’re wondering), slice up a baguette into 1/3″ thick rounds. Brush just one side with softened salted butter and sprinkle lightly with granulated garlic and dried parsley. Grill them in a skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins