Because football-season! This recipe is a little more homemade than the other version I have on this site, ditching the tubs of sour cream and mayo, and replacing it with an equally fattening half and half and only a little cream cheese. Why? Because why not? You’re not supposed to eat this every day, but this is definitely a delicious dip to enjoy with friends and family surrounding a great game, watching your team lose.
This dip is ridiculously delicious. Cheesy, hot, bubbly and reheats VERY well. I really think you’re going to make this one a staple for your next gathering.
This dip is super adaptable. If you are allergic to, or just don’t like crab, leave it out! Replace it with a protein you do like, or not. If you leave it protein-less, you could afford to double up on either the spinach and artichoke, just to keep the ratio lovely. Also, if you leave out the crab, you don’t have to add the lemon-zest. It’s there primarily for the crab anyway.
Please watch the video for cooking instructions 🙂 Enjoy!
Crab, Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Please watch the video for cooking instructions.
- 8 oz. jumbo lump crabmeat
- 9 oz. bag fresh spinach – blanched, squeezed dried and chopped
- 1 13oz can artichoke hearts (in brine), drained and chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flake
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp granulated onion
- pinch of hot paprika (sweet paprika can be used instead, but add an additional pinch of cayenne)
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups half & half
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 slightly rounded tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 oz. gruyere, shredded
- 2 oz. white cheddar, shredded
- 3 oz. whole-milk mozzarella, shredded
- 2 oz. fontina, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- *parmigiano-reggiano cheese for topping
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper to taste
- Please see the youtube video posted above for cooking instructions. If you have any questions, email me or leave a comment below.
I made this recipe for the Super bowl and it was amazing. Nice pieces of crab for every bite and there was the perfect amount of spinach. Will definitely be making this again.
Love this recipe! The garlic bread that you ate it with on the video…. was that made from scratch, or can I purchase it from a store?
it was store-bought plain bread that i seasoned up
I’m on keto if I omit the floor what happens? Can I substitute a keto friendly flour instead?
Use xanthan gum to thicken it, and maybe use full-fat heavy cream instead of half and half.
can this be made a day ahead and baked the next day
I just found your channel on youtube a couple of weeks ago, and I enjoy your personally a lot I can’t wait to try some of your recipes. I to like to cook and bake from scratch (when my job lets me) but my question is about the chips or bread in the picture. What is it? I call myself reading carefully but I didn’t see the name. Thanks so much and I hope to see new vids in 2017. Happy Holidays!!
Ma’am. To die for, I say!!!!! To. Die. For.
I have some artichoke hearts in olive oil that I need to get rid of, is it still okay to use it or will it not taste as good :-/
p.s. I love you
that’s fine. it may be a lil extra oily but it should still be good.