This is a great first food for your baby when they’re ready to start eating solids.
- Organic sweet potatoes, washed and scrubbed (see note below)
- water, to adjust consistency if needed
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet lined with foil, parchment, or a silicone baking mat. Drizzle each potato lightly with olive oil. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part of each potato slides in easily with no resistance.
- Let them cool for an hour at room temperature.
- Cut each potato open and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Add a good pinch of cinnamon, and whisk to break up the potatoes. If you have a high-powered blender, puree the potatoes. If you don’t have a blender, just pass the potatoes thru a mesh strainer. This helps remove those stringy bits, as some babies strangle on them.
- Store in containers or freeze.
If you’d like to leave the skins on, slice the potatoes and steam them until tender. Blend until smooth, adding either water or no-sodium chicken stock to adjust consistency.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour